Senior Software Engineer and Architect, Systems
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Alpine.ai serves leading companies with guided conversational search, providing a more natural way for consumers to find and navigate to information through voice and visual interfaces.
With the growing popularity of voice-first devices like the Amazon Echo and Google Home, and now over 100M Android phones conversationally enabled, consumers searching via these devices will increasingly expect great brand experiences to deliver valuable answers. Alpine.ai has reimagined the consumer discovery process by reducing the time it takes for customers to navigate to information, naturally. Using guided conversational search technology, Alpine.ai offers brands a voice and visual discovery experience as a turn-key service.
Alpine.ai just closed a significant round of funding to build out the team, and is led by the team that built VoiceLabs.co. Through building the #1 Voice Analytics product and working with 1,000’s of Voice developers, we uncovered this massive new opportunity.
Alpine.ai is seeking a Senior Software Engineer and Architect to join our team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will own key components and features of the Alpine.ai AI Platform. The ideal candidate will have industry experience building complex software systems from the ground up. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to exciting new challenges in the voice space.
You will also get more experience in Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding by nature of the product we are building.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Architect and develop semantic knowledge base systems that power conversational AI engines.
- Build intuitive and performant REST APIs to modularize and cleanly expose Alpine.ai platform functionality.
- Implement scalable information extraction pipelines that can intelligently scrape and digest structured web content.
- Quickly become the sole owner of critical path functionality.
- Contribute to building the most valuable voice experiences the world has ever seen.
- You enjoy digging in to hard problems, and your best work is thoughtful and purpose-driven.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Expertise architecting and developing scalable REST APIs
- Fluency in Python or other similar languages
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Proficiency with relational or NoSQL databases
- You know your way around cloud services like AWS and/or Google cloud
- Strong communication skills
- A plus if you have experience, or are interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding.