Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Information Retrieval
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Alpine.ai serves leading companies with guided conversational search, providing a more natural way for consumers to find and navigate to information through voice and visual interfaces.
With the growing popularity of voice-first devices like the Amazon Echo and Google Home, and now over 100M Android phones conversationally enabled, consumers searching via these devices will increasingly expect great brand experiences to deliver valuable answers. Alpine.ai has reimagined the consumer discovery process by reducing the time it takes for customers to navigate to information, naturally. Using guided conversational search technology, Alpine.ai offers brands a voice and visual discovery experience as a turn-key service.
Alpine.ai just closed a significant round of funding to build out the team, and is led by the team that built VoiceLabs.co. Through building the #1 Voice Analytics product and working with 1,000’s of Voice developers, we uncovered this massive new opportunity.
Alpine.ai is seeking machine learning engineers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on information retrieval, but will also be familiar with content extraction and natural language understanding. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to exciting new challenges in the voice space.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Implement information retrieval solutions optimized for voice interactions using machine-learned ranking, recommender systems and conversational entity search.
- Build out our knowledge base via information extraction, from both free-form text and structured content. This will include working on document categorization, and entity, attribute, and relation extraction.
- Deliver dialogue management solutions using natural language processing and understanding, for voice interaction experiences.
- Deliver effective and measurable end-to-end solutions
- Contribute to building the most valuable voice experiences the world has ever seen.
- You enjoy digging in to hard problems, and your best work is thoughtful and purpose-driven.
- B.S., M.S or Ph.D. in Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years of applied Machine Learning in the industry building production applications
- Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals
- Breadth of knowledge of popular machine learning models like HMM, SVM, deep/recurrent ANN, CRF, LMT, etc.
- Practical application of toolkits such as Scikit-learn, numpy, scipy, R, Weka, Matlab, NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP.
- Solid software engineering experience to build on top of, or modify, existing models to build novel products.
- Solid coding skills and demonstrable expertise in at least one high-level scripting language.
- Knowledge of IR concepts such as statistical search ranking, knowledge graphs, vectorial semantics, LSA, document clustering
- You know your way around cloud services like AWS and/or Google cloud