Full-Stack Software Engineer - Machine Learning Platform
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Alpine.ai serves leading companies with guided conversational search, providing a more natural way for consumers to find and navigate to information through voice and visual interfaces.
With the growing popularity of voice-first devices like the Amazon Echo and Google Home, and now over 100M Android phones conversationally enabled, consumers searching via these devices will increasingly expect great brand experiences to deliver valuable answers. Alpine.ai has reimagined the consumer discovery process by reducing the time it takes for customers to navigate to information, naturally. Using guided conversational search technology, Alpine.ai offers brands a voice and visual discovery experience as a turn-key service.
Alpine.ai just closed a significant round of funding to build out the team, and is led by the team that built VoiceLabs.co. Through building the #1 Voice Analytics product and working with 3,500+ voice developers, we uncovered this massive new opportunity.
Alpine.ai is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team. As a software engineer, you will own key components and features of the Alpine.ai AI Platform, working with our machine learning and information retrieval teams. The ideal candidate will have industry experience building web applications from the ground up. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to exciting new challenges in the voice space.
This is an opportunity to be an early engineer at a growing startup, to build groundbreaking technology, and to do it with founders who have created successful companies before.
If you are interested in learning about production-level Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding, this is a great time to join.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build web applications end-to-end (from UI to database) to accelerate data gathering for our machine learning platform and expose key functionality to our customers.
- Build intuitive and performant REST APIs to modularize and cleanly expose Alpine.ai platform functionality.
- Quickly become the sole owner of critical path functionality.
- Contribute to building the most valuable voice experiences the world has ever seen.
- You enjoy digging in to hard problems, and your best work is thoughtful and purpose-driven.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Expertise developing scalable REST APIs
- You know your way around Angular or React
- Fluency in Python/Scala/Java or other similar languages
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Proficiency with relational or NoSQL databases
- You know your way around cloud services like AWS and/or Google cloud
- Strong communication skills
- You have experience, or are interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding.
WORKING AT ALPINE
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Central location in San Francisco, in the middle of downtown
- A tradition of yearly company off-sites to get to know your co-workers, and to focus on building product
- A fun team that works hard, and plays hard
- A rock-climbing wall, coffee, tea, and sleeping pods (a must!)